The conference program will consist of invited and contributed research demonstrating the state of the art in the modern ecological theory and applications. Presentation on the Congress will be oral or poster.
The Conference will include following thematic areas:
- Session 1: BIODIVERSITY RESEARCH AND CONSERVATION: taxonomy; faunistics, floristics; terrestrial and aquatic Ecosystems; conservation biology; managing ecosystems and populations.
- Session 2: FUNDAMENTAL AND APPLIED ECOLOGY: ecology of populations and communities; behavioral ecology; landscape ecology, invasive species, biogeography; fisheries and aquaculture; epidemiology; conservation, propagation and phytochemical studies of medicinal plants.
- Session 3: GENETIC RESOURCES: all aspects of taxonomical, morphological, physiological, genetical, cytological and ethnobotanical research on genetic resources; crops/breeds evolution, gene bank management (collecting, maintenance, evaluation and documentation).
- Session 4: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT: envrironmental chemistry; ecotoxicology; biomonitoring; pollution; ecological indicators; monitoring Systems; soil and water conservation; pedology; agro-meteorology; soil erosion; food technology; food safety.
- Session 5: FORESTRY AND AGROECOLOGY: silviculture; seed management; forest management, policy and economics; forest ecology and genetics; hunting; integrated pest management; plant protection; organic agriculture; production techniques; soil fertility management
- Session 6: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND PHYSICAL PLANNING: urban ecology; architecture & ecology; cultural ecology; ecology and society; tourism; rural architecture and preservation of rural heritage.
- Session 7: ECOLOGICAL EDUCATION: citizen science; climate change education; ecology and NGO.
- Session 8: ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY: ecological safety; policies related to environment protection and natural resources management; energy economics; energy accounting and balance; environmental services; ecological-economic modeling.
· 1. Special Session: The impacts of small hydropower plants on pristine Balkan Rivers
· 2. Special Session: Controlling invasive species in Balkan - natural factors and management actions